Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Standing Stone State Park 3


Beautiful forest road heading toward the Overton Lodge.
I'm expecting Edward Cullen from "Twilight" to jump out
of the woods at any moment. Ha!


Misty forest road.


I took this out of the Jeep window while we were moving.
I thought the blurry effect was kind of cool.


You can't drive far in the park without running into a
stream or little waterfall on the side of the road. I love
this place!


Terry in front of the Overton Lodge. This is where our
youth group stayed on one of our church trips a long time
ago. I think that trip was in 1975. The lodge hasn't changed
much at all.

I'll post pictures from around the lodge tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kay R. said...

Love these pictures! Such a beautiful place. Maybe there's a friendly vampire family living in those woods somewhere ... heehee!

Jane said...

Enjoying the trip down memory lane at Standing Stone! I guess that retreat was the last time I was at that lodge!