Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Standing Stone State Park 2


Boat dock across from the dam.


Looking toward the dam from the boat dock.


Boathouse on Standing Stone lake. You can also see the
dam in the distance.




Forest scene on the way to the Overton Lodge. I'm sure
Jane will remember the Overton Lodge. That's where we
stayed on one of our church youth group trips in the 70's.


It rained off and on while we were in the
park. The road to the Overton Lodge was
foggy in spots which made for some pretty
pictures.


Terry stopped so I could snap this picture
of some wildflowers and red berries on the
side of the road.


One of many little streams and waterfalls on the side
of the road to the Overton Lodge.

7 comments:

Kay R. said...

Your pictures are so good! Makes me want to spend some time there. Keep up the great job! Loving your blog! And kudos to Terry for stopping so you could take a picture :D Also, I like the pop up comment window. Makes commenting easier.

Ann S. said...

Thanks for the compliments and encouragement, sis! I appreciate it! Sometimes you forget the beautiful and fun things we have right here in Tennessee! I enjoyed our road trips so much while Terry was off work!

Kelly said...

Love your forest shots!!! Looks like scenes from Twilight! :o) Beautiful!!!

Jane said...

Man, I love these pictures!! These have to be some of my favorites on your blog. Makes me want to be there soooo bad!! I remember that retreat. Wasn't that the one where Terry & his friend (his name won't come to me!!!) were sitting behind us on the bus up there? Long time ago!! Fun memories!!

ps - pop up comment window!!! YES!!!!!

Jane said...

The picture of the road through the woods reminds me of one of Evelyn's paintings!

Ann S. said...

Jane...yes that was the retreat where Terry and Jeff Burroughs were sitting behind us on the bus. Terry said the same thing about the road through the woods picture. Kelly...thanks, the forest shots remind me of Twilight too :-)

Jane said...

Jeff Burroughs!! Could not get his name in my head! He reminded me of Jimmy Greenspoon. Looks like you guys had a great trip. Hoping we can do something like that on our fall break.