Friday, September 18, 2009

Rock Island State Park


On September 11th we hopped in the Jeep and took a
road trip to Rock Island State Park in Rock Island, TN.


Rock Island State Park is a ruggedly beautiful place with
trails and lots of waterfalls.


There's also a natural sand beach, swimming area and
a beautiful limestone bluff in this part of the park.


The headwaters of Center Hill Lake.


This is the trail we took down to the Caney Fork River
Gorge. When they say use extreme caution, they mean it.

I'll be posting more pictures we took in the Caney Fork
River gorge. This is where we spent most of our time in
the park.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I hope you used extreme caution while you were there! :-) I've never been to Rock Island, just driven past it on the way to & from Tullahoma.

Kay R. said...

Never been there, either, and as Jane said, we only drove past it a zillion times on our way to Huntsville. Before Hwy. 111 got built and by-passed all that anyway. It certainly is rugged.

Ann S. said...

We used extreme caution for sure. I'm glad I wore my Reeboks that day! It's a gorgeous place. Check it out some time.