Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rock Island...Caney Fork River Gorge


Terry on the rugged trail leading to the Caney
Fork River gorge. I'm glad I wore my Reeboks
on this trip!!


Gnarly tree roots on the trail. This was one
of the most rugged, wild trails I've ever been
on, but well worth it for what was to come.


Caney Fork River and one of the many waterfalls in the
gorge area.


This picture speaks for itself.




Twin Falls. These falls were a lot further down
the trail, but we decided to admire it from afar.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome shots! Love the narley trees roots... looks like a pile of worms!!! Cool!

Kay R. said...

Awesome scenery! Great pictures! I would have tripped and killed myself on that gnarly tree root path. I've never seen anything like that.

Jane said...

I said that same thing about the gnarly roots, Kelly! Cool place! I'd love to go some time.