Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Snowy Day in the Neighborhood


Terry holding a couple of "Winter sandwiches"
(My sister Kay coined that phrase) that came
off of his car during our recent snowfall. FYI, a
"Winter sandwich is a solid layer of ice in between
two layers of snow :)


This is how Dan Drive looked the morning after our first big
snowfall of 2010. Ice and snow covered and very slick.




Looking toward the field adjacent to our house.


Dan Drive runs in front of our house.
That's our mailbox on the left.


Around the curve and down the hill.


The hill leading up to our house was very slick. It's times
like these that I'm glad we have a Jeep :)


I would rather have 6" of snow than 1" of ice!

5 comments:

Kay R. said...

Your neighborhood is really beautiful in the snow. I'm loving all these pictures!

Jane said...

Enjoying looking at your snow pics! We've had more than our share this year! I love it!!

ceee said...

Nice pictures! I had a blast sledding in the snow! :)

By the way, Ceee is Julia in case you didn't know :)

Ann S. said...

Thanks, ladies :) Hey Jules...I knew it was you! Thanks for visiting my blog!

ceee said...

I've been commenting on everybody's blog from the wii :)

Internet access :)