Thursday, November 19, 2009

Road Trip!


It was a chilly, but pretty day so I decided to jump in the
truck and take a little solo road trip. Destination...Hickman
and points beyond. Ended up driving to the Center Hill Dam.


There's some pretty farmland in Smith and DeKalb county.


I was hoping to run upon some wild turkeys. If you're lucky
you can see a lot of them in the fields this time of year.
Unfortunately I didn't see any on this trip.


I headed down this little side road off the Hickman highway
and found this pretty creek running alongside the road.


You never know what you'll discover when you get out and drive
in the country.

I'll be posting more of my road trip pics tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Jane said...

Pretty scenery! Be careful out there road-trippin' alone!!

Ann S. said...

I was very careful! I took my cell phone and hideaway knife with me and I didn't get too far off the beaten path :)

Kelly said...

Pretty nature shots! Just beware of the plucky pluck of banjos in the distance... wasp spray is a good thing to carry in your car... it legal, sprays a good distance, and keeps kills wasps if they attack!

Kelly said...

...better than pepper spray anyway...

Ann S. said...

Thanks for the compliments on my photos and for the wasp spray info :) I need to get a can of that and keep it in the truck.