Tuesday, November 3, 2009

“May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.” ~ Irish Blessing


The Moon fascinates me!


It was not discovered until 1665 that other planets had
natural satellites as well, at which point "moon" started
to be dropped and instead referred to as "The Moon"


There is no "Dark Side of the Moon" - the Moon rotates
around the Earth and so all sides of the Moon are hit by
the Sun at some point. However there is a "Far Side
of the Moon" which is the side facing away from Earth.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Love these full moon shots! Very nice!! I got one of the moon over Kay's house on Halloween. Don't know if Don put it on his site or not. Keep 'em coming, sis!

Ann S. said...

Thanks! I saw your moon picture. Loved it! I've got more to post for tomorrow. Stay tuned :)

Kay R. said...

Love your moon shots, Ann! And I didn't see Jane's moon pic. Anybody got a link?