Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fall Roses


Although it's mid-November, the roses are blooming. My
brother, Ken, and his wife, Gena, live in Monterey, TN.
Gena took the following pictures in their front yard. It's
pretty amazing that roses would be blooming this far into
the fall. Ken says Gena feeds her roses banana peels. Check
out this link to find out how banana peels can help your roses.



Bare trees against a grey, fall sky. Thanks to Ken and Gena
for letting me share these pictures on my blog :)

4 comments:

Jane said...

Bare trees, grey skies... sounds like a song! :-) Can't believe roses are still growing in Monterey!

Ann S. said...

I remember that song :) I wish roses would bloom all year long!

Kay R. said...

found a yellow rosebud blooming in my back yard today. pleasant surprise. thought neil had dug them all up.

Ann S. said...

I saw your yellow rosebud picture. Seems like flowers always find some way to survive, don't they?