Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wren's Nest


We have a little birdhouse hanging in one of our Tulip Poplar
trees in the backyard. Every summer for the past two years
a couple of wrens have taken up residence in the house. This
year they raised two broods of babies in the birdhouse. Each
year around this time I clean it out to get it ready for next year.


This wren nest had all kinds of bird feathers lining it. There
were also pine needles and twigs in it as well. I don't see how
they crammed all of that into such a small birdhouse. We look
forward to them nesting here next year!

4 comments:

Kay R. said...

Sweet! Our bird houses are stuffed with nests, too, but I've never cleaned them out. Heck, I can't even keep my own house clean :D

Kelly said...

I love to watch birdies flying in and out of their birdhouses! It's so cool watching them work... building nests and feeding their babes. They must like the accomodations (did I spell that right?). :o)

Jane said...

I love to look at bird nests to see what they use to line their nests. I've seen one with Easter grass in it one time! :-) We have a hawk that's been hanging around for the last year. It may nest by that pond near our house.

Ann S. said...

I remember finding a nest in our backyard. It had silk flowers from the cemetary in it. It is fun to see what they make their nests out of.