Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tennessee Aquarium Butterfly Garden


One of my favorite parts of the aquarium was the butterfly garden.
It was incredible! If you visit the butterfly garden, be prepared
for high humidity and heat, as the room is kept in ideal conditions
for the delicate butterflies.


There were plates of fruit all around the garden. The butterflies
that live there have it made :0)










The blur on the right is a butterfly heading toward one of many
of the incredible flowers in the exhibit.


They also raise butterflies in the garden. The room was climate
controlled and had cocoons of different butterfly species. This
picture is for my niece, Julia :0)




Tomorrow...the penguins.

4 comments:

ceee said...

:) That's funny because butterflies used to be my favorite animals! The cocoons are really neat :) Looking forward to the penguins!

Jane said...

I would love to visit the aquarium again! I don't think they even had the butterflies there when we went. (Love the "Julia" butterfly!) :) I'm looking forward to the penguins, too!

Kay R. said...

Your butterfly pics rock!! And those cocoons are so cool. Would love to see this sometime. All they had when I was there was fish and other water type exhibits. That beautiful "Julia" butterfly is well-named :)

Kelly said...

Butterfly are the sweetest!!! Been years since I've been there. They've definitely expanded! Would love to see all this in person... especially the penguins! Can't wait!