Friday, June 24, 2011


Barges in Mobile Bay near Ft. Morgan.


Entrance to Ft. Morgan. You can read more about Ft. Morgan
and the Battle of Mobile Bay at the link.


Oil rig and pelicans in Mobile Bay


We saw several dolphins out in the bay.


Ferry sign.


The Marissa Mae Nicole ferry boat backing up to the loading dock.
The ferry takes cars and people over to Mobile, Alabama.


Dauphin Island bridge.


View of Dauphin Island bridge from the ferry ramp.


Battery Dearborn at Ft. Morgan, named after Henry Dearborn,
distinguished soldier of the Revolutionary War and Secretary of
War, 1801-1809.



3 comments:

Jane said...

Hey! I've seen these pictures before! :) Interesting stuff. I'm glad I didn't have to fight in the Revolutionary War there. The beach would have distracted me. :)

Kay R. said...

It is interesting stuff. What a cool star shaped fort. Lots of history here. Oil rigs are kind of ugly but all I could think was, Drill, baby, drill! Neat pics!

Kelly said...

Looks like a cool place!! Lots of history. I would have been distracted by the beach too :o)