Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wren Nest


I cleaned out our little bird box the other day and this
is what I found inside. Two families of wrens were raised
in the box this year :) It's always fun to see what a nest
consisted of.

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and
the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk
or an evening saunter . . . to be thrilled by the stars at night;
to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these
are some of the rewards of the simple life.
~John Burroughs (1837 - 1921)

2 comments:

Kay R. said...

Bird nests always amaze me. Cozy little place to hatch a family. I love the Burroughs quote.

Jane said...

I always like to see what the birds put in their nests, too. Found one around here one time that had pieces of blue plastic that newspapers come in! :-)