Monday, August 9, 2010

"Bee to the blossom, moth to the flame; Each to his passion; what's in a name?" ~ Helen Hunt Jackson


Bumble bees carry pollen in what is called a pollen basket on
their back legs. This is just one interesting fact I learned when
I was researching info on bees. You can see the pollen basket
in this picture. Isn't that the coolest thing?


~Circle for a landing~


In at least a few species, once a bumblebee has visited a
flower, it leaves a scent mark on the flower.


"That buzzing-noise means something. If there's a
buzzing noise, somebody's making a buzzing-noise,
and the only reason for making a buzzing-noise that
I know of is because you're a bee. ....

And the only reason for being a bee that I know of is
making honey.....

And the only reason for making honey is so as I can eat
it." So he began to climb the tree.”

~ Winnie the Pooh quotes

3 comments:

Kay R. said...

Very cool pics! Love the bee in flight. The quotes are neat. Just gotta love Pooh! :)

Jane said...

I've noticed the little pollen pockets on the bees. Always thought that was cool. :-) I love the Pooh quotes, too!

Kelly said...

Action shot! Cool!!!