Friday, May 17, 2013

Rob!

It was 5 years ago today that I lost my youngest brother, Robert. I miss hearing him play drums, his sense of humor, his big bear hugs that would literally take your breath away, his laugh, his funny stories and everything else about him. He touched the lives of everyone he met during his short life. Anyone who ever met him will never forget him. I miss him each and every day and was truly blessed to have him as a brother. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him or laugh to myself about something funny he said or did. Thank goodness for all the great memories that have helped me get through. Love and miss you each and every day brother! Until we meet again.
"Some people leave our lives unexpectedly, we hold on to the memories, and spend the rest of our lives searching for little reminders of them."

"Everyone copes differently, some cry for the loss of a loved one others smile because they know they'll see them again."

2 comments:

Kay R. said...

Sweet tribute, Ann. I miss him, too. Hard to believe it's been five years.

Jane said...

Really great! Couldn't have said it better myself. One of the things I remember going through my mind after I heard the news was wishing I could just move 5 years ahead, and maybe the pain would be gone.