Thursday, March 4, 2010

In Memory


I wanted to post this picture in memory of Neil's mom. Neil
is my brother-in-law, and his mom, Lila Ruth Ranft, passed
away last night at the age of 93. My sister, Kay, and Neil lived
in Huntsville, Alabama in the early 70's. Me, my sister Jane
and brother Rob would go to Huntsville in the summer and
hang out. We would picnic and go fishing with Neil's mom and
dad and they treated us just like we were their own. I'll always
remember those fun times. Rest in peace, Mrs. Ranft. You were
one tough lady :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Very cool picture! I forgot you guys hung out with them alot back in the good ole days! Love her bee hive due!!! Classic! Thanks for remembering her on your blog! Means alot!!! Love you!

Ann S. said...

We had some fun times with your grandparents! They were always so good to us. Lots of great memories. So sorry about your grandma, Kelly! We love you too and will see you guys Saturday.

Kay R. said...

This picture brings back a lot of fun memories. Neil's mom loved to fish! It was her passion. We had some great times when you guys came down to visit! Thanks for posting this memento. Sweet.

Jane said...

I'm in tears now reading Kay's blog and now yours. I treasure those fun times in Huntsville. It was the highlight of my summer back then. The Ranfts were gracious people. I'm glad I knew them. It doesn't look like I'm going to get to make it to the funeral, and that hurts me.