Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Snow provokes responses that reach right back to childhood." ~ Andy Goldsworthy


What a difference a day makes! Tennessee was under a
winter storm watch on Friday and the first part of the day
today. Although we used to get nice amounts of snow when
I was growing up, we just don't get as much as we used to.
So, when they were forecasting anywhere from 3 to 6 to 10"
of the white stuff, I was kind of sceptical. It started snowing
on Friday afternoon, lightly at first.


As the day wore on, the snow became heavier and heavier.
Last night we started receiving snow, sleet, freezing rain, then
back to snow again.


This morning there was a coat of ice on
top of the snow that we got, making for
some slick conditions. One inch of snow
can bring things to a standstill in Middle
Tennessee.


I ventured out this morning with my camera to record
the event. It was so pretty and peaceful. I took a massive
amount of photos which I'll be posting over the next few
days. For now, I'm going to stay inside and enjoy the snow.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Pretty snow pictures! The little cherub looks cold! Bring it in! :-)

Kay R. said...

Beautiful pics!! My fave is the sunflower in the snow :o)