Friday, October 23, 2009

Death of a Tree


A few days ago I heard the sound of machinery coming
from the direction of our back yard so I went out to investigate.
A man in a bucket truck was starting the process of trimming
one of the old trees in the cemetary. It had a lot of dead limbs
in it, so I figured they were going to trim those off. But, I was
wrong.


A few minutes later this is what it looked like. When I
went back out to look the tree was completely gone.
We've seen that tree from our deck for 14 years. I guess
it was in worse shape than I thought. I'm going to miss it!
They also cut down a beautiful old oak tree that had died.
I'm hoping they will plant more trees to take the place of
the ones that were cut.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Looks like they shaved it before they cut it! Interesting pics!

Ann S. said...

I was shocked when I looked out and the tree was gone. They made quick work out of cutting it down and it was a big tree.

Kay R. said...

That's a bummer that the trees had to come down. I hope they plant new ones! When the city thinned out Capshaw woods across the street from us, they cut down this huge tree that was the first to turn yellow in the fall. It left a big hole in the sky there. I still miss it.