Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tree Toppers

We had our Leyland Cyprus trees topped today. We had them topped several years ago. I couldn't believe how much they had grown back.
We're happy to get our view back, but still have some privacy from the cemetery.
Sadly we had to have our Yoshino Cherry tree cut down because it was dying. I hated to see it go, but we plan on planting two more in our back yard. We planted this tree 13 years ago in memory of my dad. It was so beautiful when it was in full bloom. It looked like a pink cloud when lit up at night. I'm glad I have several pictures of it in it's glory days.

2 comments:

Kay R. said...

Awww, I'm so sorry about your cherry tree!! It was beautiful. I know you'll miss it. We need to have our leylands chopped down to the ground. They've grown a bit ugly here of late around their bottoms.

Jane said...

Yeah, I'm sorry about the cherry tree, too. :( I remember your pics of it looking like a pink cloud at night.