Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's a Bird, it's a Plane, it's Super Moon!


Last night was the so called "Super Moon" or "super perigee
moon" A super moon happens when the moon is slightly closer
to Earth in its orbit than on average. The last full Moon so big
and close to Earth occurred in March of 1993. I had my camera
set up on our deck on my tripod with my remote in hand waiting
to get an awesome shot of the super moon rising. One small
problem was the moon had to clear a cloud bank first.


I took this shot after the moon cleared the clouds. I hope you
got a great view of the "super moon" last night! BTW, today
is the first day of Spring! Happy Spring ya'll!!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Nice moon pics! The first one looks like the moon has a toupee! :) The moon was beautiful, but I couldn't tell a difference, could you?

Kay R. said...

Way cool moon shots! I really like that first one. We watched it come up over the trees in our back yard. But I'm like Jane...couldn't tell the dif. It was beautiful anyway :) Love the pics!

Kelly said...

The first pic looks like the night sky is eye balling you! Very cool shots! Yeah, I couldn't tell a difference either. It did get me off the couch and out the front door to take a peak!