Monday, December 19, 2011


I wish I had a creek running through my backyard. So peaceful!
I could've stayed here all day.

“Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your
hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall,
it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants
to go, and nothing in the end can stand against it. Water is
patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember
that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can't
go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.”

~ Margaret Atwood, The Penelopiad

2 comments:

Kay R. said...

I love this quote and I love this picture. I wish I had a creek in my backyard, too.

Jane said...

Oh, man, that would be awesome to have in the back yard! (unless it rained a lot!) :) It is beautiful & so is the quote!