Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Tree Swallow


We have a couple of Tree Swallows nesting in one of our bird
boxes. We hung this bird box in a Tulip Poplar tree in our back
yard. Tree Swallows are the coolest little birds! We enjoy watching
them glide around the yard. They are gorgeous birds and they eat
lots of mosquitos and bugs. They're also very tolerant of people.
This is the male Tree Swallow.


Gossamer wings.


I love how the tips of his wings are crossed :)


"Honey, I'm home!"


Mr. and Mrs. Tree Swallow. The female is on the right.
I've always wondered why the female birds are always
duller in color than the males? I guess only God knows
the answer to that question :)


Free as a bird! I wish I could fly like that!

5 comments:

Kay R. said...

Your pictures are totally awesome! Great shots. I love the one of the two of them together. So sweet. And the last picture is so cool. Way to go! :)

Ann S. said...

Thanks! I think we're getting the hang of this picture taking thing :)

Jane said...

Great bird pictures!! Did you have to hang around long to get the shots?

Ann S. said...

I had to be patient to get some of those shots, but it was worth it. Those birds just sit there when you approach them. Mowing doesn't bother them much either. They're not scared away easily, which is good if you're trying to get pictures :)

Ann S. said...

PS I totally lucked out on that last shot!